Thursday, May 20, 2010

fit comments


just a little Kate... no relevance to the post, I just love her.

Today I made fit comments to some of the styles that came in the other day. I will tell you one thing, next season I will have a fit model. It's pretty difficult to do fits on your own body and a mannequin that doesn't move...ah the life of a start-up, just have to make it work. This is where the hours of sitting in fits, making comments and talking to techs really come in handy! I feel fortunate to have had that experience.
I have also started to merchandise the line to make sure everything works together. Since I don't have wall grids, I have put pins in the wall to hang the styles next to each other. Of course some substitute fabrics were used so it takes a little imagination but I can finally see them all coming together, one big happy family.

more fits tomorrow.

"Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door"
Coco Chanel

~k

photo found on ffffound.com

2 comments: