Wednesday, December 8, 2010

venturing outside




I am writing this post from Starbucks! as you can tell from my enthusiasm, this is outside the norm for me. It feels so invigorating to go outside of the comforts of my very daily routine and enjoy society for a change. Wow, people actually just go to Starbucks to read, sit and socialize!! I have heard about this before but have never really opened my eyes and paid attention. Usually, I'm in and out before taking the first sip.
But I'm beginning to realize it's time to slow down and soak it all in. This could very well become a once a week treat for me... and plus, the coffee is much stronger :)

6 comments:

  1. I work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but last week I decided to try working from a cafe in Harvard Square. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly, I always want to go to the places most people don't go to -- restaurants where you don't see people doing that, library nooks, toy store corners. If there's too many people, I always end up people watching and getting no work done. I'm going to try a quiet restaurant soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!
    I always do the blogging/online/coffee thing at home, but today I'm out.
    Drinking tea and watching people!
    It's so relaxing and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going and sitting at starbucks and taking everything in. It's nice to get out of the house and switch up the routine. Plus, you never know who you might meet or see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chuckling as i look at the pics... living in Greece officially means that i have an intravenous drip of coffee in my arms everyday!

    They love coffee here and take it really seriously hence all the cafe's! I guess that's also a very European thing, especially in Paris and Milan. Oh and coffee helps make things happen too, I'd be snoozing if coffee didn't exist!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love people watching at Starbucks. I am imagine what people are talking about or what their working on. I have learned that I have a pretty wild imagination--at least that's what my husband says when I share my Starbuck Stories with him.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete