Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a small fish



There are of course pros and cons to working with China. Having never dealt with the production side of the business, I'm now certainty having a crash course in the subject. In fact, I just had to have the factory remake the size labels since they did not mark "made in china" on them! ( not my choice) but with importing, it must be clearly visible, another factoid that I just learned. What seems to make everything more difficult is the fact that I'm a very small fish in the huge Chinese pond. But I think that makes me work even harder. Not only to be on top every approval needed, but because one day, I want to be a big fish :)
xo

image

7 comments:

  1. you go girl. even though i don't know you personally just watching your journey has made me rally in your corner and holler loudly!!

    xo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day, you will be. one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. done that before. importing clothing from brazil and feeling like a tiny lost fishy in a big messy rules sea. good luck to you! and thx for visiting my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie,

    You're gonna be a big fish soon lovely... I know it!

    I so know what you mean about approving everything, the finer details are so important and it can be a right mare dealing with factories in China!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling I have no doubt you will be a big fish and you are being smart swimming your way there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you everyone!! ..it's all about baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your honesty. We're all supporting you! Hard work gets you everywhere. =)

    ReplyDelete